What do you need to get a British passport?
There are 5 basic requirements to apply for British citizenship through naturalisation that most candidates must meet.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Be of “good character”. …
- Be currently living in the UK.
- Meet the English language requirements.
- Pass the “Life in the UK” test.
What documents do you need for a passport UK adult?
You’ll need all of the following:
- your full birth certificate showing your parents’ details.
- your father’s birth certificate.
- your parents’ marriage certificate.
- the passport you used to come into the UK or foreign passport you’re included on.
What 5 documents do you need for a passport?
First-Time Applicants, 16 or Older
To prove identity, a passport agent will accept your valid U.S. driver’s license, a government employee ID, U.S. military ID, Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship, a valid foreign passport or a Matricula Consular card.
What documents do I need for a passport?
Items You Need to Apply for a U.S. Passport
- An original proof of citizenship document.
- An acceptable photo ID document.
- A photocopy of the front and back of the citizenship document and photo ID document.
How long does it take to get a UK passport?
Processing times in the UK
Allow up to 10 weeks to receive your passport.
Can you be refused a passport UK?
The decision to issue, withdraw, or refuse a British passport is at the discretion of the Secretary of State for the Home Department (the Home Secretary) under the Royal Prerogative. … The decision to refuse or to withdraw a passport under the public interest criteria will be used only sparingly.
What supporting documents do I need for a UK passport replacement?
Once you have a British passport, the renewal is relatively easy, compared to getting a new passport for the first time. You won’t need any documents to renew your passport digitally, but you will need a current photograph of yourself, a credit or debit card, and your current passport.
Do you need a full birth certificate for a passport?
Identity and nationality documents
You must bring your valid passport. If you do not have a passport, and: … You were born in the UK after 1 January 1983 and do not have a passport we would need to see your full birth certificate together with those of your parents if born in the UK to prove your nationality.
What 4 types of document are required for you to apply for a passport?
4. Present ID
- Valid or expired, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card.
- In-state, fully valid driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license with photo.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
- U.S. military or military dependent ID.
What are some questions asked by a passport application?
The first section of the passport application asks for your full name, your date of birth, sex, birthplace, Social Security number, mailing address and phone number. You may provide an e-mail address if you choose, but it’s not required.